About “After My Affair” site:
If you’ve had an affair, and you’re marriage and life is a mess, you’ll feel right at home here.
I understand the awful feelings of guilt and being torn in two, which is what results from an affair. I’ve been there.
My name is Debbie and it’s been nine years now since my own infidelity. It was a difficult journey to get to the place of personal healing of my own heart, and a marriage that is now restored and happy again.
I certainly don’t have all the answers, but I’ve learned a few valuable lessons from the agony we went through. After years of counseling, hard work and humbling steps we both had to take, the trust is restored and our marriage is stronger than before.
I once read only 1/3 of marriages survive an affair. I didn’t think we could make it but we are part of the 1/3.
I believe that is possible for you too. If you want it bad enough.
Goal and purpose of this site:
- This site is for other women (and men) who also have found themselves stuck in an affair and dealing with the painful effects of their affair. Wherever you are in the process, my goal is to show you there’s hope and a better life ahead.
- I list specific steps to take to heal your marriage, if your spouse is wiling to stay and work on it too. Even if they are not sure, I list ways to prove to your spouse you’re willing to change. They may be baby steps but they work.
- Practical ways to heal your own heart and restore your relationship with God, if you are searching for that. Go to our faith section for more information.
- You’ll find compassion and friendship here. Being a woman caught in adultery myself, I have no stones to throw. I’ve been on the receiving end of judgment and shame and it’s a lonely place.
- I won’t sugar coat the truth. True help and restoration won’t happen for you, if I’m not honest about the hard steps you’ll need to take. But however hard my suggestions to healing may be to do, you’ll know you are not alone and you’ll begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I’d love to keep in regular touch with you. Sign up here for my weekly email newsletter for more tips, updates and ways to recover after an affair. (Don’t worry, I protect your email privacy)
When you sign up, I’ll send you my E-book “Steps to take today to restore your marriage after an affair”.
If you’d like to read more about me and my affair story, click here.
If you’d like to learn more about our marriage story, click here.