I felt it was important to share with you, my readers,
what my core spiritual beliefs are as you read my blog posts.
Thank you for stopping by my website.
I hope you find the healing and hope here that you are seeking at what is likely a very painful time for you.
Although I have many blog posts regarding affair recovery and practical tips on recovery from that,
my faith in Christ is my most important pursuit of my life
and it’s because of Jesus Christ that my husband and I have a restored marriage, home and hearts today.
God’s love for you goes beyond your understanding. My prayer is you will discover that love personally
and know that there is nothing you can do on your own works or ‘goodness’ to enter Heaven…we have all broken the commandments of God.
I am so thankful God made another way for us-
that if we put our faith in Jesus’ death for us on the cross, repenting of our sins and turning to HIM that
we don’t have to go to hell.
Whatever happens in your marriage, pursue JESUS CHRIST and HIS love and forgiveness.
He will never let you down, my friends.
God bless. In His grace and love,
Below you will find various statements of my faith with many bible verses to accompany those beliefs.
Although this list isn’t an exhaustive list of beliefs or bible verses to support them these are the essentials (please note-there are many more bible verses to support each statement).
I encourage you to look up each verse and prayerfully and ask God to give you discernment and examine your own faith and standing before God.
- There is one true God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit and God.(John 17:3; 1 John 4:24; 1 Corinthians 8:6)
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.(2 Timothy 3:16)
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection,
in His ascension to the right hand of God the Father.(John 1:1; John 8:58; Colossians 2:9; Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; John 11:25-26; Mark 16:6)
- Jesus Christ (God in flesh) and the only way to heaven. (Titus 2:13; John 10:30; John 3:16-18; John 8:24; John 14:6; Acts 4:12)
- In the fall and sinfulness of man (the wages of sin are death-Romans 6:23 & Romans 3:23) and that the only means of being cleansed from sin
(and way to heaven)is through true repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
(Luke 13:3; Luke 5:32; 1 John 1:7; Ephesians 1:7; Romans 3:25; Hebrews 9:12-14; 1 John 1:9)
- One cannot achieve salvation by their own works (Ephesians 2:8-9) but only by putting their faith in Jesus Christ and His atoning sacrifice for
our sins on the cross; by confessing this with one’s mouth and believing in one’s heart. (Romans 10:9; John 17:3)
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential to personal salvation & the infilling of the Holy Spirit at conversion .
(Ezekial 36:26-27; Ezekial 37:14; John 3:5-8; Titus 3:5-6; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 6:19)
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit dwelling within the Christian, enabling one to depart from evil and live a holy life- as they walk in the Spirit.
(Psalm 119:11; Proverbs 16:6; Acts 2:38; 2 Corinthians 3:17; Galations 5:16; Philippians 2:13; Galations 5:22-23; 1 Peter 1:15-17)
- In the blessed hope, the soon return of Christ to receive His bride at His coming.
(Matthew 24:44; Acts 1:10-11; 1 Peter 4:7; 1 Thessalations 4:16; 1 Corinthians 15:23; 1 John 2:28; Revelation 1:7; Revelation 22:12)
- Marriage was ordained by God and intended to be one man and one woman for a lifetime. All sexual activity or thoughts outside of marriage is sinful.
(Hebrews 13:4; 1 Corinthians 7:2; Genesis 2:21-25; 1 Corinthians 6:18-20; Colossians 3:5; Ephesians 5:3; Matthew 5:27-30; Matthew 19:6; Romans 6:23; Galations 5:19-231 Corinthians 6:9-10)
- I believe God is able to restore an individual’s soul if they repent of sin, and God can restore and heal marriage’s. (Joel 2:25-26; Jeremiah 30:17; Isaiah 61:7; Psalm 51:12; Acts 3:19-21;
2 Corinthians 13:11; 1 Peter 5:10; Ephesians 5:33; Psalm 32:8; Malachi 2:14-16)
- God will not overtake man’s free will that He has given him; & the result of refusing to yield to God’s ways (continuing in sin) always result in heartache, pain and eventual spiritual death. (Deuteronomy 30:15-20; 2 Peter 3:9; John 7:17; Joshua 24:15; Mark 8:34; Galations 6:7-9; Revelation 3:20; )
- God created humans in two genders: male and female. God intended all humans to function in the gender assigned them upon creation within the womb.
(Galations 3:28; Genesis 1:27; Genesis 2:18-22; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10)
- We will all give an account on that day to God and in the resurrection and final judgment of both the saved and the lost, the first to everlasting life and the second to everlasting damnation.(Romans 14:12; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; John 5:29; Acts 24:15; 1 John 2:28; 2 Timothy 4:11; Revelation 20:4-5; Revelation 20:11-15; Isaiah 45:23; Revelation 21:8)
- In the new heavens and the new earth and the holy Jerusalem, the city of God, descending out of heaven and filled with God’s glory. (Isaiah 65:17; Isaiah 66:22; 2 Peter 3:10-13; Revelation 21:1-5; Revelation 21:18-21; Zechariah 9:10; Luke 1:32-33; Psalm 72:7; Isaiah 11:6-9)